1905 - Sunday School classes began to meet
1905-1915 - Multiple relocations
1916 - First building erected on Meridian, across the street from present location
1921 - First church built on current site, "The Old White Church"
1935 - Attendance grows to 225 people
1930-1937 - Youth group comes into existence under Rev. J.C. Thompson
1937-1951 - Under Rev. William Fleenor, passion for foreign missions begins; the Chan Memorial Gym is built (1948) and began its use for community-wide ministry; South Meridian partners with Park Place Church of God to plant East Side Church of God (1951).
1957-1963 - Whit Church torn down (1960); New 550 seat sanctuary, classrooms, and offices built on to the gym under Pastor Dr. Warren Roark.
1967-1971 - During Rev. Charles Tarr's pastorate in 1970, the "Great Revival" broke out at South Meridian and spread throughout the community. Services were packed out every night for eight weeks and countless lives were changed.
1971-1975 - During Rev. Paul Hart's tenure, our Faith Promise missions program was initiated; worship attendance peaked at nearly 500.
1975-1986 - Rev. Emmitt Whalen lead the church through a remodeling, and new south wing addition for offices, conference rooms and fellowship hall (1976); the church instrumental in establishing and supporting Liberty Christian School and helps plant Fishers Community Church.
1986-1996 - During Rev. Gary Ausbun's pastorate, South began supporting staff missionaries Don and Paula Riley in Africa, and purchased the "Field of Dreams" (38 acres on SR 109).
1998-2004 - Rev. David Shultz becomes Senior Pastor; two Sunday worship services launched; Worship attendance grows from 350-600; Church votes to relocate and build on SR 109.
2004-2008 - Rev. Tim Foreman served as Senior Pastor.
2008-2018 - Rev. Ed Hyatt becomes Senior Pastor, and under his leadership South Meridian decides to stay on Meridian where the church is involved in outreach and mission to the neighborhood. Repaired and remodeled sanctuary and upstairs children's wing, added bathrooms, larger welcoming area and installed elevator, allowing access to the five levels of our building.